Residential care settings
Key advice for professionals working in residential care settings - including care homes and boarding houses - to help them understand the impact of digital technologies on child protection.
It is vital that residential care workers:
- have a knowledge of the latest online threats, risks and trends in online communications and social networking
- consider the use of technology by young people to maintain contact with loved ones which may impact on their care
- implement clear boundaries and structure interventions which support appropriate use of technology
- offer guidance and support in navigating the online world safely
- provide an appropriate level of filtering and monitoring which safeguards young people from risky online content and contact
Below we set out some FAQs and highlight key resources which will support you in safeguarding children and young people online.