Safer Internet Day 2016 hits the headlines
Safer Internet Day 2016 had a huge amount of news coverage across TV, radio, newspaper, online and more!
There were 800+ news items including:
- 194 TV items, including BBC Breakfast, Sky News, Good Morning Britain
- 295 Radio items, including BBC Radio 1, 2, 4 and 5Live + regional
- 316 News items online and in print, including Guardian, Independent, Telegraph, Mirror, Times, Buzzfeed, Mail Online.
- Buzzfeed - The Number Of Young People Exposed To Online Hate Is “Concerning”
- The Guardian - From Liverpool FC to Google: business joins in pledge to promote safer internet
- The Guardian - Internet trolling: quarter of teenagers suffered online abuse last year
- The Independent - Safer Internet Day: 'Quarter of teenagers' subjected to trolling online
- The Independent - Safer Internet Day: More than three-quarters of under-13s using social networks despite age limits
- The Mirror - Safer Internet Day: Ministers and schools join forces to combat trolling and cyberbullying as four in five young Brits admit to witnessing online hate
- The Telegraph - Children ignore age limits by opening social media accounts
- The Telegraph - The dark truth about how children troll each other online
- The Telegraph – Technology - One in four teenagers suffer trolling online