Safer Internet Day 2014 was on 11th Feb!
This year’s theme was Let's create a better internet together, offering the opportunity to focus on both the creative things that children and young people are doing online, as well as the role we all play in helping to create a better internet.
Activities were held across the UK by our fantastic Safer Internet Day supporters and together we reached millions across the UK. Read the evaluation report.
- 650 organisations supported Safer Internet Day 2014 by running activities and spreading the word. Find out what they did in the supporters list.
- The social media campaign for #SID2014 was four times bigger then in 2013, reaching 19.5 million people and trending number 1 in the UK.
- Research launched about the conversations that parents have with their children about staying safe online.
- Young people played a key role, visited 10 Downing Street and joined the panel for an event at Microsoft.
- SID TV had 8 hours of live TV with 100,000 viewers across 49 countries,
- Media coverage created 69 million opportunities to see or hear Safer Internet Day messages; four times bigger than 2013.
- Educational resources created for the day were downloaded 197,000 times.