Safer Internet Day 2015 was celebrated on Tuesday 10th February, with the slogan ‘Let’s create a better internet together’.
Coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre the celebration saw over 800 organisations get involved to help promote the safe, responsible and positive use of digital technology for children and young people.
Highlights from 2015 include:
- Safer Internet Day 2015 reached 1 in 4 UK youth
- 865 supporters got involved in the day - including over 500 schools
- Resources in the Education Packs were downloaded over a quarter of a million times
- #SID2015 trended across the UK - with thousands joining the share a smile campaign
- A range of celebrities came together to support the day
- SID TV produced two star-studded programmes
- The #Up2Us film created by over 150 young people promoted kindness online
- Young people spoke to policymakers at youth events in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- The UK Safer Internet Centre launched a report into Friendship in a Digital Age
- Media coverage achieved a circulation of 330 million