Safer Internet Day 2020 - One week to go!
Online safety is a crucial part of the school curriculum, but finding ways to keep key online safety messages fresh and inspiring can be a real challenge. Here are our top tips on how to use Safer Internet Day to promote online safety, alongside some of the amazing ideas we’ve been hearing from the schools already registered as supporters of Safer Internet Day.
5 Key things you can do this week!
#1 Spread the word!
Download our Social Media Guide to help you spread the word. This includes our social media posts, images and ways you can get involved on social media.
Plus, when you tweet #SaferInternetDay look out for the custom emoji!
Things you can share now:
Why not show your support for Safer Internet Day on social media by sharing these posts? Any posts using #SaferInternetDay on Twitter will now also show the hashtag emoji!
#SaferInternetDay is on 11th February 2020! Want to know more about the day and how you can get involved? Why not check out the brand new films and resources from @UK_SIC! https://www.saferinternet.org.uk/safer-internet-day/2020
Being free to be yourself online means lots of different things to different people. What do you wish you were #freetobe online? Let’s discuss online identity this #SaferInternetDay www.saferinternetday.org.uk @UK_SIC
Safer Internet Day is next week on the 11th of February! Visit www.saferinternetday.org.uk for free educational resources, campaign materials and more. Together we can make the internet a better place. #SaferInternetDay @saferinternetuk
#2 Register as a supporter
Register as a supporter and join over 1,100 organisations across the UK. If you've joined us already, why not encourage other organisations to register!
#3 Let's create an internet where we are #freetobe...
Join the #freetobe social media campaign - download our template and create your own design!
#4 Download and share the learning resources
#5 Schedule this Tweet for 8am on 11th February
Today is Safer Internet Day! Join us and @UK_SIC this #SaferInternetDay to create a better internet – RT to show your support saferinternetday.org.uk
- Download and share the Education Packs
- Watch the Safer Internet Day Films
- Get involved using the Stakeholder social media guide
- Take a look at our top tips for 3-7s , 7-11s, 11-18s, and parents and carers
- Use the hashtags #SaferInternetDay and #freetobe on social media
Follow the conversation:
You can get involved in #SaferInternetDay by:
- Visiting www.saferinternetday.org.uk
- Following @UK_SIC on Twitter
- Joining the national conversation using #SaferInternetDay
- Liking @saferinternetuk on Facebook
- Following @UK_SIC on Instagram
- Helping to spread the word with our campaign toolkit
- Downloading the education packs
- Watching the Safer Internet Day films