One week until Safer Internet Day 2017!
Safer Internet Day 2017 beats records as 1151 organisations have already signed up as supporters!
With just one week to go until Safer Internet Day 2017, we are truly inspired at the number of support that has already been pledged. With actions planned all over the country to help create a better internet on 7th February, we want to give you a quick rundown on how to get involved too:
- Join the supporters list: showcase what you are doing to support the day by joining the supporters list and sharing on social media.
- Join the social media campaign: find out how to get involved in the biggest global campaign about the safe use of technology and use our #giveasmile templates to encourage to create your own emoji or share positive messages. You can join our internet-wide emoji charades too!
- Join the Thunderclap: help spread the word with a mass tweet on 7 Feb!
- Use our assets: use our banners, logos and template text for all your SID promotion!
Safer Internet Day is the UK’s biggest campaign to inspire children and young people to ‘Be the change’ and use technology positively and responsibly. To help schools, youth groups and others get involved on 7th February 2017, the UK Safer Internet Centre has launched a range of new resources that explore the power of image and video in young people’s digital lives.
From films to lesson plans and presentations, the age-tailored resources will enable educators to deliver engaging activities for Safer Internet Day and empower children, staff and parents and carers to use technology safely, positively and responsibly.
- Engage children by running assemblies or group activities using the Safer Internet Day Education Packs with accompanying SID TV films. The films are also available in BSL.
- Join our youth photo campaign to empower children to create engaging images that communicate a message.
- Reach out to parents and carers by running a session or sharing information (use the Parent and Carer Pack for Safer Internet Day).
- Safer Internet Day Quiz – asking young people how much they know about sharing and engaging with images and videos online