Helping young people get back to school ready with BBC Own It
The Team at BBC Own it have created a range of content to help young people return to learning, this includes videos from celebrities as well as an app to provide on the go help and guidance to your child’s device. In this blog we take a closer look at some of the content on Own It, and the ways you can use the app with your children.
Online video content
The BBC Own It site contains video content to help young people aged 6-15 with a range of issues they may face online, their brand new ‘returning to learning’ section has videos and articles all looking at young people going back into education. There are a range of topics covered, such as:
- Dealing with mean comments online
- Top tips for moving to high school
- Advice for posting selfies safely
- Looking at reconnecting with friends
- Videos from your favourite celebrities giving their advice on what to do if you've posted something online you shouldn't have!
The Own It App
The BBC have also created the Own It Keyboard and app. These provide young people with free and easy to digest information they can view anywhere. The Own It keyboard provide feedback and advice on messages and text young people may be writing, and offers support when keywords are types. Download from your Apple or GooglePlay app store.