Tumblr is a blogging, photo sharing and social networking site owned by Yahoo. Tumblr is public by default and allows users to post multimedia content to their blog and follow other user's blogs.
A range of FAQs are answered at www.tumblr.com/help
Tumblr has the following safety features:
- Report: report abuse by emailing Tumblr at email@example.com, where a member of Tumblr’s Trust & Safety team will review your complaint.
- Ignore: you can add an account to your Ignore list. When you Ignore a user, you will no longer see their posts in your Dashboard, their activity in any of your post notes or your Dashboard notifications. Additionally, you won’t get Asks or Fan Mail from that user.
- Unlist your account: if you don’t want anyone to be able to find your blog by searching your email address, you can change your settings in your 'account settings'.
- Private blog: for more control over who see’s your blog, you can create a password-protected 'secondary blog'. Remember your primary blog is public-facing, so you can’t prevent someone from looking at it, following it, viewing pages on it, or accessing its RSS feed.
- Privacy features: check out the privacy features in your account to find out more about managing how people can contact you and see your content.
- Filtering: while adult-oriented content is allowed on Tumblr, you don’t have to see it unless you choose to. When you search on Tumblr, you won’t see results from blogs marked as adult-oriented unless you turn filtering off, which is on by default.
Terms and conditions
16 years +
In order to create a Tumblr account, you must be at least 16 years old.
It is possible to look at content on Tumblr without registering an account, but you would not be able to post your own content.