TikTok is a social media platform that allows users to express themselves through singing, dancing, lip synching and comedy in 15 second videos that can be shared with others in the TikTok community.
There is information on how to set up a private account and how to block someone in TikTok FAQ section.
- Privacy settings: For control over who can see your videos, you can apply privacy settings to ensure you are interacting with people you know. If you have a private account, your friends will need to follow you and you will need to approve them in order for them to see your videos.
- Blocking: If someone is bothering you on TikTok, you can block them.
- Deleting: If a fan is bothering you, you can swipe left to delete them.
- Reporting: If you see inappropriate content on TikTok, you should report it by clicking on the button with three dots and then click ‘report abuse’. Should you violate the community guidelines, your account may be removed without warning. If you are a parent and you are concerned with what your child is posting, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions
There are also community guidelines which outlines what is ok and not ok to post as part of the TikTok community. You are not allowed to:
- Post explicit content or nudity
- Spam comments
- Bully or harass other users
- Post personal information
13 years +
To be eligible to sign up for this service, you must be at least 13 years of age.