As a grandparent you play a key role in helping your grandchild to stay safe online.
Remember, you don’t need to be an expert on the internet to help keep your grandchild safe online. With our key advice you can be comfortable in knowing that you are able to support your grandchild in using the internet safely and responsibly, as well as knowing how to respond if something goes wrong.
As a grandparent, it is important to:
- have a knowledge of the latest online threats, risks and trends
- understand the rules already in place for your grandchild’s internet use
- ensure you know about parental controls
- talk to your grandchild about their online life
- know when to speak to their parent/carer
- take action if something goes wrong
Below we set out some FAQs and highlight key resources which will support you in supporting your grandchild online.